spoon

Recent Recipes

Snickerdoodle cupcakes!

0

Category :

So... I don't really have a story for this one. Nothing at all amusing to say. Which is a rare occasion, I know. This post is about a month later than I actually made these because I'm a lazy bum who for whatever reason didn't feel like blogging for a while and instead watched all of Weeds up to the current season (fantastic show, by the way). I made this for a quizbowl practice I hosted at my apartment, and they went pretty quickly. My roommates were sad that I didn't have any to share afterwards. These were piped with an open star tip I had in my new-to-me Kitchenaid pastry decorating set. I found it at the thrift store at Southside Hub of Production (which, sadly, will soon close its doors). It seems to be a discontinued item.

In any case, these cupcakes were a hit, and one of my teammates told me he liked what I did with the frosting. Buttercream tends to be very heavy, so I lightened it up slightly by adding some heavy whipping cream and mixing it into the frosting.

Anyway, here is the recipe:

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes 

Cake:
  • 3/4 c. AP flour
  • 3/4 c. cake flour
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 7/8 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2/3 c. milk
Cinnamon Buttercream:
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
 Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line one 12-cup cupcake pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
  4. Add eggs gradually, mixing after each one. Then add in the vanilla extract.
  5. Alternate adding milk and the dry ingredient mixture. Blend well.
  6. Fill the batter into the baking cups 3/4 full.
  7. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Toothpick test!
  8. Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack. Remove them from the pan after about half an hour or so.
 For the frosting:
  1. Beat your butter until it's fluffy.
  2. Add the powdered sugar, half the heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and the cinnamon, beating them together gradually at a low speed.
  3. Increase the speed on your mixer and mix until the frosting is stiff.
  4. Add the remaining heavy cream and blend well.
  5. Pipe onto the cupcakes when the cakes are completely cool.
Enjoy! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment